Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Slow Burn

I can feel it


Breathtaking, magnificent

Tingling, the joy

Wondrous excitement,

Fulfilling dreams of tomorrow

The winds of change blow strong


Overpowering

Overwhelming

Yet I cannot touch it


I can feel it


Simmering, bubbling

Intensifying the pain


Creeping up

Unexpectedly

From the darkest corners

Illuminating the reminder of what is real


Searing inside my flesh

Agonizing, burning

Tearing me apart


A cool breeze soars in

Flames tempered but not snuffed

And the remnants of the burn

Persist


In time the tempest will subside

Air flowing freely

Without restriction

The slow burn extinguished


A bright and beautiful blaze emerges

With the wind to carry it

Spreading across the land


Together

The two forces

Unstoppable


Author: David Gruben
Copyrighted by SalvationWriter Publishing 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment